WELCOME TO ACTION INDOOR CRICKET AT AIS BIRMINGHAM
“A Fun, Fast and Furious Version Of Cricket!”
Action Indoor Cricket, is an exciting team game that last for approximately 70 minutes. It combines fun, fitness, competition, and its simplicity allows people of all ages to play: men/women, young/old, and cricketers/non-cricketers.
The Game involves the basic principles and skill of traditional cricket: running, batting, fielding and bowling, with teams in leagues competing against other teams comparable in ability. It is easy to join and learn how to play. Come and join a team, register in a league or just come along for the social environment.
It is because of this that Action Indoor Cricket has some great benefits:
- Stay sharp during off season
- It can be social OR competitive
- Never rained off!
- Improve your close fielding
- Build and maintain team spirit
- Improve fitness
- Minimal time commitment
With ALL players batting and bowling for an equal amount of overs, everyone gets to play their part in a team victory. For every game played you are guaranteed involvement – no more fielding on the boundary!
Book for casual games too! We can also take bookings for one off or regular private competitions. Please call us on 0121 546 0717 to book now.
To join one of our leagues please click here.
Action Indoor Cricket Basic Rules Introduction
- A game last for 70 minutes
- All playing equipment is provided. (Just wear something comfortable)
- 8 players per side
- 16 overs per game, 8 per side
- Everyone bowls 2 over
- Everyone bats for 4 overs
- Each team has 35 minutes to bowl their overs, upon which the teams will change over
- You bat in pairs and face 4 over each
- The non-facer stands at the running crease
- If you are out you do not leave the court, you stay at the crease and continue to bat for the full 4 overs
- Every time you are out your team loses 5 runs from the total runs
- When there are 2 non scoring deliveries in a row, the batters must run on the next delivery. (This is called 3rd ball)
- Everyone has to bowl
- An over lasts 6 balls
- You can bowl under-arm if you prefer
- If you bowl a wide or no-ball the ball is NOT re-bowled the batting team is awarded 2 runs
- There are 8 players in the fielding team
- The field has to have 4 players in each half of the court
- Caught (anywhere except off the back net when the batter hits a 6)
- Evening Leagues – Monday to Friday (Teams play once a week, unless on special arrangement)
- Saturday and Sundays we are open for Birthday parties
- Note: We sometimes have special Leagues and Competitions
- You can book a court and play your own game of Action Indoor Cricket if you like. Just call or email us to book your court